Monday 18 June 2007

Wine Tasting 2007

I’m back! I just returned from my annual mother-daughter England road trip with Beth. Happily, Carrie joined us for the weekend! I think Beth and I decided to call this trip, the I am a long way from Long Island, exploding bird trip. (More about this later!). We began our trip last Monday, the day after the annual wine tasting party in honour of our friends Mark & Kathy who are sadly moving back to the USA this summer. I made a deal with god to have nice weather last Sunday and got my wish. We hosted about 45 people on the balcony and tasted six wines with expertly matched cheeses. Our life size poster of Johnny Depp graced the hallway and thanks to Dan the terrace was decorated with Chinese lanterns! Jeff did a great job on the BBQ and our very generous and wonderful friends brought additional food (We thank them wholeheartedly!). The Majestic wine store on Loudoun road helped us choose wine and by lending wine glasses (we only lost one this year!). The La Fromagerie on Moxon Street also helped. Jeff and I were assisted by a terrific expert in pairing cheeses to our selected wines. My informal exit poll tells me that the favourite wines were the South African Vergelegen Sauvignon Blanc and the California Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon. It was a great party thanks to the people who attended and it was so hard to say good night!

No comments: