Monday 27 August 2007

Grumeti River Camp comes to an end





A group of giraffes down by the river drinking.


giraffes walking across the plain

Wildebeest
Couldn't leave Grumeti without one last good look at the Wildebeest.


Elephants
Did I mention the elephants? I loved seeing them in the bush. One morning at Tanzania Under Canvas we woke up to find them feeding close to the tent. These pictures were taken from a hillside while we were at Grumeti. The young ones were so cute!


Our group at dinner

This is the group we spent most of our time with at Grumeti. We shared the jeep, a lovely sunset and many laughs. Brad and Christine we would see again in a few days time at Ngorongoro Crater Lodge.


Beaded wall hangings

Now you know I had to do a little shopping before I left. I purchased a similar wall hanging in the gift shop and it is now hanging in the entrance way to our flat. Looks nice! The beaded work was handmade by Maasi women. I like it. Of course I also bought other things......

After some farewells we are off to the Ngorongoro Crater.

No comments: