Monday 2 April 2007

Passover 2007

Tonight I am invited to David & Holly’s to celebrate Passover. I feel very honoured to share this night with them. Passover is one of those events that brings my family to mind. Many members of my protestant and catholic family shared Jewish holidays with my mother’s brother Austin and his wife Rhona. As I look back on it, my grandparents, aunts and uncles did us all a favour by sharing nights like tonight. Their actions brought an awareness that there was world beyond our home and it was made up of all sorts of people. I learned that there was a lot out there in world to learn and experience (could explain why everyone in my family has the travel bug!). Growing up in NYC, was an education in itself, we experienced not only Catholic and Jewish Holidays but many other ethnic celebrations. I will never forget how we were always Irish on St. Patricks Day too.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Great dinner, wonderful friends.