Friday 20 April 2007

Last Class

Today is our last day of mosaic class. I am feeling very verklempt at the moment! This week has flown by much too fast! I finished my project two hours ago. It would not have been possible without the help of Antonella. She is my mosaic goddess. I am going to put her picture in a frame and keep it on my work table whenever I am doing a mosaic project! Antonella deserves a place in the pantheon of great artists. Much more about her in another post!

Today is also Lynn's birthday! Happy Birthday Lynne! She is almost 50! I suppose 42g! or 39J! We started the day with a birthday dance (Beatles!) and then went to work - the pressure to finish our pieces was on!

At lunchtime, le ragazze paraded in to the graduation ceremony wearing our Venetian masks to great laughter. After pictures and presents, we had a wonderful birthday cake and Prosecco to celebrate the end of a wonderful week!

To end this post, I have to say a word about the wonderful staff at Orsoni's! Everyone and I mean everyone was molto buoni! The staff are the most hospitable people I have ever had the pleasure and honour of meeting. With the patience of saints, questions were graciously answered, help readily offered and no request went unfilled! I will think of them warmly for a long long time! I am taking away great memories and alot of new found mosaic knowledge and technique! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Grazie from the bottom of my heart!

1 comment:

Holly said...

You write so beautiful, with such feeling. It is exactly how I felt but could never put it into words like you do!