Sunday 18 March 2007

Mothering Sunday

Today is Mothering Sunday here in the UK and I qualify! Lucky me, I am blessed with two of the best! I like the fact that it is not Mother's Day but a recognition of all those that nurture other humans to their full potential. Not to get too sentimental but they remembered! I guess it is every mothers fear that they won't! Mother's day is not only a single day of the year for cards, flowers and lunch (unless you're an expat - you get a second chance on American Mother's Day!) but an important reminder of one component of the village that help us to be part of the greater community. I always viewed my job as a mother to make good citizens of my children. To teach them how to live in the world, to do no harm and give something back to their community. I think I am doing OK. They are terrific kids! I hope today that they will stop and pause to think about the women in their village that have also nurtured them along the way to becoming the women that they are today!

No comments: