Tuesday 23 October 2007

Sweet Deanna

One of the main reasons for my trip to the US was to attend a Sweet 16 party for someone I am especially fond of; my cousin Denise’s daughter Deanna. Dee is one of the nicest kids you would ever want to meet. Not only is she sweet, beautiful, funny and very genuine: she is an excellent dancer and knows how to pose for a picture. When I am in NYC I never miss a chance to visit the A family. They always make me feel welcome and it is always great to be with them, (Thanks to Ebby who gives up her bed for me!)
Deanna, sister Ebby along with their mom visited my home in London this past summer and we went on to have a blast in Ireland (more on this later!). While in Ireland, Deanna taught us the Chicken Noodle Soup dance, a feat I got to repeat at the party ( I should have practiced more!)

A lovely hall in Brooklyn, my cousin Denise and her husband Donald put on an excellent party with a Mardi Gras theme. Deanna looked princess like in her dress and tiara. Jeff and I were honored when we were asked to light one of the candles on her birthday cake.The food and music was terrific but the best part was the in-gathering of family members. It was great to share memories and laugh again with cousins Bruce, Cindy and George. It was a night that went by much too quickly.

George, Bruce & Jeff


George and Terry

Brother & Sister: Uncle Austin & Aunt Rose

Uncle Austin, Bruce & Aunt Ro!





No comments: