Thursday 13 September 2007

Steve's 50th Birthday

Hi. I have been traveling quite a bit this summer. I had a great visit with the Aquinos in London and then in Ireland. More on this later on… I am in the USA for a few weeks to see family and friends.

I returned to Long Island, New York on Labor Day weekend to help celebrate my brother Steve’s 50th birthday. He was really surprised because his actual birthday is not until October! It was a terrific party. My sister in law, Donna even managed to outdo herself as a great hostess! We had a great time Friday morning decorating the house and getting ready. Boy, did we laugh a lot especially when it came to us moving Steve's beloved Porsche. Notice the England shirt my brother wore that day to his golf tournament. Yes it is FOOTIE not Footsie Steve! Note the goofy hat as well. It is actually a beige . The backyard looked beautiful with tents and torches. My brother is really blessed with great friends. They turned out in mass to help celebrate the occasion. There was a luau theme to the party complete with a calypso band from Brooklyn! My dad and elder brother Phil were also in attendance wearing great Hawaii shirts! Our other brother Andy sadly missed this opportunity for a family gathering! We even caught up with our cousin Bruce on Sunday afternoon in a restaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell him he looks awesome in the England shirt. Wish him a Happy Birthday from me and Dan.
-Carrie