Tuesday 25 September 2007

Caiprinhas and Dominoes

On Tuesday, I drove 3 hours across Florida to visit and spend the night at Lynn’s on the Atlantic coast. Holly would be driving up from her Florida house to meet us. It was an easy but boring drive and I had something to look forward to. Lynn’s house is really lovely and she is the epitome of southern hospitality.
The three of us had a really nice lunch in the historic district of Melbourne and then did a little browsing in the shops. After lunch and dodging raindrops we paid a visit to Lynn’s condo to see the mosaic piece she had worked on for a year in London before she returned to the US. I was really looking forward to seeing it installed and it was as spectacular as I thought it would be. What a masterpiece! Lynn and Holly turned me on to a store called Tuesday Morning where we spent quite a bit of time entertaining ourselves and then had coffee at a nearby Barnes and Noble. I had a great evening meal of crab cakes at a local fish restaurant and we then headed back to Lynn’s for an evening of dominoes and Caiprinhas. Lynn has become quite proficient at making them but 2 is my limit. I could hardly see the numbers on the dominoes by glass 2! After breakfast the next morning, I bid a fond farewell to my friends and headed back to Venice. Oh yes, I did buy a thing or two while I was there and lost big time at Mexican dominoes!

No comments: