Monday 28 July 2008

SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL I AM: the return of Jacqueline Susann.

I was thinking about my very talented friend the wordsmith Paul Minx yesterday. His play is moving to NYC and I wish him well and hope his play is picked up for a very long run somewhere! Jeff and I had gone to see an excellent production of George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion at the Old Vic and I also received an email from another friend Denise Higgins – Regan who is directing a play in NYC this summer (700 WIVES - THE MUSICAL). I have some very talented friends! Paul’s Play SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL I AM: the return of Jacqueline Susann will be opening at the Fringe NYC Festival on August 8th.

On July 14th, at the Bar Kick in Shoreditch Jeff and I attended the London one night only performance of SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL I AM: the return of Jacqueline Susann. The play made for a great evening out on a dreary Monday night! In this one-person comedy, Debora Weston portrayed the story of Jacqueline Susann, author of the VALLEY OF THE DOLLS in a hilarious, sad, and very engaging manner. I absolutely loved her! I had no idea that Jackie had a thing for Ethel Merman! Debora was fabulous darling! Afterwards, Jeff surprised me by saying he also read the Valley of the Dolls under the blankets with a flashlight back in the 60’s!

If you are in NYC try not to miss this one! To quote the author “For Jackie the sexual liberation was merely just another cocktail party!”

No comments: