Tuesday 1 July 2008

July 1st 2008

July 1 is the 183rd day in leap years in the Gregorian calendar. There are 183 days remaining until the end of the year. The end of this day marks the halfway point of a leap year. It also falls on the same day of the week as New Year's Day in a leap year so say Wikipedia.

One of the things I like about writing my blog is updating the date and history sections. I usually begin with the date. I am constantly reminded how quickly time passes. 2008 is half over already. What happened to February? April? How often do we hear slow down and take the time to savoy the day. To appreciate life?Don't get me wrong, I love my life, I just wish it would go a little slower. I wish someone would tell me how the hell to do pick the daises when there doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day or days in the week. What do you cut out? Where do I get lost? I want more days spent with my children whom I adore. I want them home for dinner every night to laugh at the dinner table again. I want to have big holiday dinners with my grandparents and brothers,cousins, aunts and uncles again. I don't want to take things for granted or to be invisible to the people around me. I want to be the most important person in some one's life. It just seems to happen. Life just washes over me some times. I get swept along and miss some things. As I learned last week with the passing of my cousin Jane people are important and leave us suddenly. How do we make up the time? I know we need to take time to appreciate everyone around us but how? What does it take to get the message? Ah yes, cosmic questions of the age. Sometimes you just have to suck it up - pick up the phone or email and say hey! Find a way to keep people in your life (even when you are related to them!) Nice sentiment huh? You don't need me to tell you this, you already know it. Now if only they would get the Star Trek transporter really working.......................

No comments: