Saturday 24 May 2008

Kicking the Gates


On Saturday we had British Roman day. Jeff, Beth and I spent the day exploring Hadrians Wall in Cumbria. This had long been on my list of things to do in UK. I love checking these things off my list. I really am beginning to get a good feel of England. Beth and I have explored three very different areas of England now. We haven't quite decided what to do next year on our annual trip maybe the southeast?


The adventure began in the city of Carlisle and Beth kicking a gate. Beth was adamant that we first stop at Brunton Park the home of the Carlisle Football Club. She was mad at the Blues because her team the Bournemouth Cherries were relegated to Football League 2 following a lost to Carlisle United at the end of this season. She felt the need for some revenge and took it out on the gates of the stadium. OK, being a NY Mets and Tottenham Spurs supporter, I understood.

No comments: